Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration School Year 2016-17
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year will begin April 11, 2016. Enrollment forms will be available at the Centralized Registration Office and all elementary school sites. Students whose fifth birthday falls between SEPTEMBER 2 - DECEMBER 2, 2011, are eligible to register for transitional kindergarten.
Senate Bill 1381, the Kindergarten Readiness Act of 2010, which began August 2012, created Transitional Kindergarten classes for students whose fifth birthday falls between SEPTEMBER 2 AND DECEMBER 2. Transitional kindergarten (TK) is the first year of a two-year kindergarten that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum.
Listed below are the items which you will need when registering your child:
1. Proof of birth date, such as a birth certificate, hospital or baptismal certificate, or a passport.
2. Immunization Records as required by state law:
a. Diphtherial/Pertussis/Tetanus (DTP): 4-5 doses, at least 1 dose after 4th birthday
b. Polio: 3-4 doses, at least 1 dose after 4th birthday
c. Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): 2 doses - both doses on or after 1st birthday.
d. Hepatitis B: 3 doses
e. Varicella (chicken pox): one dose or documentation by medical provider of disease or immunity.
3. Physical examination (for kindergarten only) no earlier than six months prior to entry into kindergarten
4. Dental Screening/Oral Health Assessment - by May 31st of 1st year in public school
5. Proof of Residency - 2 forms (current utility bill, i.e - gas, water, electricity; official homeowner information; new rental agreement
6. Parent/Guardian - valid picture ID